MDG’s or millenium development goals are a set of checkpoints that the U.N. has placed for the international community to complete by the year 2015. There are 8 goals listed so far and all are an international work in progress, focusing mainly problems in poverty stricken and developing countries. Furthermore, achieving these goals will lead to world economic and environmental prosperity.
The 8 goals are as follows:
1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
2. Achieve Universal Primary education
3. Promote Gender equality and empower women
4. Reduce child mortality
5. Improve maternal health
6. Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
7. Ensure environmental sustainability
8. Develop a global partnership for development.
The goal that I feel is the most important is goal #6